Hi, Wobble Tribe.
Intuitive training. Yep, it’s a thing. (Mostly because I just made it a thing.)
After so many years of waiting to have a personal and small group training space all my own, I’ve finally got the perfect space in our new Embrace The Wobble Yoga location. I absolutely ADORE this space. So far, it’s been a dream as a trainer to work with individuals and small groups in this space. I got to choose all the equipment, layout the design, and take complete ownership of the vision of this space for efficient, effective training sessions. Now, I just need to fill it with more clients. Will you be one of them?
So, I’m trying to figure out how to explain what I do, which is NOT your typical scream-and-grunt-fest in a regular gym.
Enter Intuitive Training. Some people think it means I’m a mind reader, like, “let me look into my crystal medicine ball and I can see in your future 25 squats and lunges.” Not even.
Intuitive Training means:
- Asking a ton of questions about you, the client, or taking several “discovery” sessions to learn about your body and your mindset, and what you want to do with your body (lose weight? Recover/adapt to injury or pain? Gain strength? Improve balance? Avoid a heart attack? You name it.)
- Finding out through a few movement assessments what your body’s “default” positions are with various joint actions, and where there might be areas of muscular imbalance or ingrained not-so-productive movement patterns
- Checking out what is making you “tick” on any given day—what kind of energy do you have? What other stuff have you been doing this week? What aches and pains are you bringing to the table? Where is your head coming into the workout? What emotional things are going on right now?
- Coming in with a plan, but then chucking or tweaking the plan if it is not “vibing” like it should.
- Being in FLOW with your movement—finding a movement zone that feels JOYFUL for you—JOYFUL could mean very challenging or gentle, intense or mellow, a personal best or active recovery, a focus on strength or a focus on balance, or, or, or……..and we don’t know until we are in the MOMENT. It’s a delicious surprise, always.
- Equipping YOU the client with knowledge and practice of key movements so that YOU can take what you have learned and create that same productive flow on your own—and love it, crave it, miss it when you don’t do it because it feels so good.
- Intuitive training is turning the corner on exercise-as-a-chore to movement-as-JOY.
So, I’ve got several (FREE) consultation openings in the next few weeks as I build my private and small group clientele. If you are intrigued by this content, reach out and schedule a time to talk. I’d love to answer some of your questions about figuring out your own body. Plus, the new space is SO COOL, and I’m psyched to show it off and let you play a little with all our new toys.
Find me Wobbling online, by phone, or in person. See you soon on the mat! Need more incentive? Click on this link for a few testimonial clips. And then call! My openings will fill up fast.
Wobble On, Wobblers.